Thursday 18 July 2013

Lunch- Cauliflower, chickpea and bacon soup

My freezer is full of soup!! My lovely MIL stocked me up on her yummy pumpkin soup before Jimmy was born. She is a typical farm cook, and makes great hearty food, although not as 'clean' as I would normally eat!!
My yummy cauliflower soup is something I love to whip up on a cold day, and since today was miserable, I made a huge pot- enough for 5 generous meals. So I had one bowl, and I have 4 Tupperware dishes full in my freezer on top of the pumpkin soup! 
Recipe:
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 can of chickpeas
4 rashes of shortcut bacon, chopped  
2 onions, diced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
3L of the best chicken or vege stock (or 2L if you like it really thick, up to you)

Sauté onion and garlic. Add in bacon and cook until fragrant. Add in cauliflower and chickpeas and cover with stock. Simmer for 30min or until cauliflower soft. 
Blitz with stick mixer until smooth, and serve with cracked pepper to taste.

1 comment :

  1. I am going to make this right now!! looks delish!
    I've tried to follow you, not sure if it worked or not! i don't really use google + at all, or know how to but I'll keep checking in to see what you're up to!
    Have you written a profile? You might need to add it so peeps know a little about you when they first visit :-)

    Courts xx

    ReplyDelete